Friday, 4 January 2013

Symbols and a flimsy,,,

So this create thing must be working because I've finished the aqua/chocolate top this morning..!
















I spent all last year wishing I could finish more instead of starting more and here only four days into the new year, I've started and finished a top..! I think I'm going to send most of the quilts I make this year out to be quilted, it's probably the only realistic way that I'm going to keep up with what I want to achieve... 








 the weather is extremely hot here in Victoria and around most of Australia this week, we're in for a torrid week so I think I'll just keep sewing. the air conditioners are doing their thing and keeping the house at a respectably temperature so this little bundle of pinkness is next..  











I'm thinking either pinwheels or something really modern..? 


















Yesterday I told you about my 'word' for the year, well I try to have something with me all the time that reminds me of what I want for the year, last year I found this silver wrist cuff.... 




and I've worn it everyday since I bought it. can you tell what it is? it's a copy of the focus ring on an slr camera...! I was reminded to 'focus' all the time. 
















this year I've been giving my 'create' a bit of thought, trying to think of what I could carry with me as a constant reminder, then I realised that I already had something!!




I bought this adorable silver thread cutter from the Sue Spargo website a couple of months ago and put it on this lovely silver ball chain....
it's not only a practical thread cutter that I can wear all the time, it was made by an artisan silversmith who 'created' it for Sue Spargo, a creation of both beauty and symbolism..

so there you have it, my symbol/reminder to live a creative year..
right, I'm off to cut this bundle....

stay cool and safe Australia...

8 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Congratulations on your first finish for the year. I have one of Sue's threadcutters and I wear it all the time. I have never cut a thread with it though lol.

cajunquilter said...

Congratulations on the finish and those pinks are lovely.

baukje said...

So, that's superquick. I love the design and the colors. And the threadcutter is GORGEOUS.

Lynne said...

A finish already? Well done!

Margaret said...

What a great finish for the New Year! Love the colors! Love the next bundle of fabric too! And your word reminders -- so cool! Love that bracelet, and the thread cutter too. Great ways to remind yourself of your words for each year. You are one smart lady!

Leanne said...

Amazing what a single word can do. Stay cool. I love that bracelet, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking.

pinewood said...

Lovely bracelet and thread cutter, looks like your well on track .

pandchintz said...

Great little quilt - have fun with the pink one. Love your "create" reminder - it's beautiful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin