Thursday, 21 March 2013

Catch up.....


I have been doing some sewing even though I haven't been around here much just lately. Life has a way of intruding upon all the things we want to do doesn't it?
Anyway, I finished this gorgeous Sue Spargo pin cushion today, I've had the kit for simply ages but just never got around to making it...

 I started it on my day off on Monday and finished it today at work during a blackout...?  Lovely isn't it?

I've also been busy trying to get my Bird Dance BoM going.......


These are January's blocks........



 there are three blocks a month...all birds...





each month the birds are different, I'm loving doing it but it's going to be hard to keep up with I think....





because I also have this one to do...!      This is the Sue Spargo Flowerbed quilt that I'm teaching as a BoM at Millrose, I'm a few ahead at the moment so I have to keep the momentum going...! 



Do you love autumn? I do, I love the colours and the gentleness of this season. There's an old saying I've heard that when the Hawthorn bush has a huge crop of berries the winter will be harsh....something along those lines anyway....


if that's right then we're in for a cold winter....


the Hawthorns on our property are heavy with berries this year, some of the branches almost touching the ground....lots of food for our feathered friends..!



it was a really odd day today, strong winds, not cold though, some rain and what I thought was a dust storm as I was driving home from work but which turned out to be smoke! 


Not sure where the fires were this time but the smoke was quite thick up here....

Now these two haven't made an appearance for a while have they?  I walked into our lounge room the other day and this was the greeting I got....hello mum, no, we're not getting up!! enthusiastic aren't they? it was hot, so I guess this was the best place to be...   :o)

13 comments:

beebee said...

oooooh those birds are so pretty. They will make and amazing quilt!
hugs
beebee

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

What a beautiful BOM series! Both of them! You can do it Lizzie! Your Pinkeepers is gorgeous! xo E

Margaret said...

lol! That pic of your pups just cracks me up!! They know what to do when it's hot outside! lol! Love both your BOMs! Just lovely! Love the pics of fall around your area too. I'm still waiting for spring to show up here. Sigh.....

baukje said...

Those two are adorable!!!! Love the birds too, I did not sign up. i have so many ideas and each month an envelope make me nervous.....
I LOVE those berries....

taylorsoutback said...

Love those sweet puppies - no wonder they bring a calm to our daily lives!

And all those creative birds - the pincushion, stitchery and flowers. The colors are so happy.

We are supposed to be coming out of our winter - yesterday was officially the first day of Spring here - woke up to 4 below zero and today it is snowing again.

The hawthorn berries are amazing. Just beautiful.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

That bird BOM is beautiful and I think the pincushion is gorgeous, too.
And the two furry friends are still adorable!

Diane-crewe said...

looks to me as if they are in the best place xx keep safe .. and away from the fires x

Cherry Pie said...

Love the images of your home and garden in particular the berries.
Carol

Nina K said...

The pin cushion is super cute! Love it :)

Leanne said...

So much eye candy there. Cute pin cushion, love the flower bed blocks great snaps and 2 beautiful babies on the lounge. Love the yellow cushion on the lounge also.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love seeing those embroideries...so pretty!

Jen said...

All the Sue Spargo blocks are so colourful .I especially love the birds. How adorable are your babies resting. Where is our Autumn, It is still warm in the 30C degrees on the coast and only need a sheet to sleep with.

Roseanne said...

Your pincushion is so adorable

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin