Wednesday, 3 April 2013

autumn.....

ahh autumn, you've seduced me with your mild days, misty rain and cool cold nights....


I really wanted to hold you back, to let summer linger for a while with it's warm nights and hot days full of sun and blue skies.....

but you pushed her aside with your promise of toes in front of the fires, hot soup, boots and chunky warm jackets....

she tried to stay for the last of the roses, to dry the petals with her tender warm wind....

but the sun and wind dried and burnt with their last hurrah of summer turning leaves and landscapes brown and barren....

so you crept in one night with cool rain and a dew filled morning...

quietly turning my garden into a world of reds, oranges, yellows and burgeoning greens....

leaving the world a little damper and a little gentler...

but with a whole lot of brilliant colour...!
dazzling in it's brilliance....

greeting me as I drive through my gate...
welcoming me home...

while this guy enjoys the fruits of the season....


7 comments:

Cherry Pie said...

An enjoyable account of the seasons.....just love your photography

Margaret said...

A lovely greeting to Autumn. Beautiful! I still love it that our seasons are reversed. :D

Sue said...

How poetic. Autumn is the best time here, no wind and it is cool enough for just one quilt on the bed.

Annie said...

My most favourite season! You have captured it brilliantly! Great to see you today and have a special hug.

baukje said...

Such lovely pictures; We are waiting for spring!!
see you soon, Baukje xxx

pandchintz said...

Beautiful sentiments and fabulous photography (as always!). Thank you.

Leanne said...

Wonderful post as always. LOVE that cheeky guy in the last pic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin