Thursday, 25 April 2013

not much of this but some of that.....


Not a lot of stitching to report around this house but I have nearly finished the centre panel of my Sue Spargo Flowerbed quilt........



I still have quite a lot of embellishment to do on the blocks and some heshi beads to stitch on those spiky edges of a couple of blocks..




but I started the borders last night, I just love the freedom to play with colour that Sue Spargo designs give you, the design lends itself to a riot of colour and texture...

apart from that there's not been much sewing going on at all, I did however clean my sewing room over easter so now my table is clear sort of clear of clutter!!

we've been having some glorious autumn weather around my part of the world and last sunday we had the first frost of the season....

and this caused me to stop on the way to work and pull out my camera, Bostock Reservoir is just about five minutes drive from our house and half way to work for me.


a quick u-turn and a scramble over the frosty railway line (don't tell the railway man will you!) ...


and I wasn't even late for work....  :)

I'm having a day off today as its Anzac Day and my plan is to do a little sewing on the machine later in the day but I have some stuff to do first, you know, washing and all that non-essential stuff....so I'll leave you with this...


Lest We Forget

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Love that Sue Spargo quilt of yours. gorgeous! Lovely pics you caught too!

Michelle said...

Love your Sue Spargo quilt!! and the photos are beautiful! Well worth stopping-especially when it didn't make you late!
Michelle

Sue said...

Gorgeous stitching....it's all about quality these days not quantity. Love your cool and winters photos too, it's cold enough to put my feet under the quilt here now but it's still only Tshirts for the daytime.

Aussie Nanna said...

Your Sue Spargo quilt is stunning - great work!

~Laurie~ said...

The quilt is GORGEOUS already! And the photos of the reservoir are just beautiful. I'm glad you took some time to "smell the roses".

Lurline said...

Nice to catch up with your news Lizzie!
Hugs - Lurline.

pandchintz said...

Ooh that Sue Spargo is looking soooo good - I'm excited!! Great photos - thanks for sharing! See you Sunday.

Sew Useful Designs said...

WOW Lizzie - stunning photographs! The photo of the birds was worth keeping a secret from Railway man!! Love the Sue Spargo design, your version is stunning. And is that a little Singer toy machine I spy in the background? :-) You're a girl after my own heart!!!!
All the best sweetie! Vikki xo

mariarosaria said...

Che meravigliose foto!!!Complimenti per tutto!

baukje said...

Good work , Sue will be proud of you!!!! Beautiful lake pictures. I already bought my plane ticket!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne said...

Lovely stitching and fantastic frosty snaps. The weather has been wonderful with crisp mornings and sunny days.

shez said...

love your Sue Spargo quilt Liz and boy those pics are awesome,well done.xx

Lisa Tucker said...

Oh that quilt, that quilt...how I love it!!!!!!! Please do an update and let us see how it's coming along. Absolutely stunning...:)))

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin