Saturday, 28 September 2013

Italy.....

Well I made it, finally! So Meredithe, as promised, blog posts.... 


 Basilica Papale of Santa Maria Maggiore......


right at the end of the street that my hotel is on... 

and speaking of the hotel...


the view from the window while I had my morning cup of tea, not too shabby is it..?


the doors in Rome are just beautiful...



St. somebody or other overlooking the River Tiber...



Vatican City...


a first glimpse of, for me, the single most breathtaking monument/ruin...


it took my breath away with it's sheer size and magnificence....


an engineering feat that blows your mind...


I was totally awed...



so was he I think..   ;)


change of view tonight....



through my window at the convent B&B in Orvieto....
tonight Baukje will be here and tomorrow the rest of our group should start to arrive ready to start our workshop....
let the fun begin...  :)
xxx

13 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful photos! Enjoy your trip!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow amazing pics........

Marls said...

Great photos Liz. I just loooove Italy and two years ago did a weeklong cooking course in Arezto which is not too far from where you are. Have lots of fun.

taylorsoutback said...

Stunning photos - your weather looks great too! I loved Italy - history and antiquity every square inch. Will you be in Florence? A must visit is the farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella ...the fragrances are incredible.
Have a glorious journey.

Jodie said...

Beautiful Lizzie, Loving following along on Fb too.

Jen said...

Beautiful photos as usual Lizzie Some lovely memories for me. Keep haveing a wonderful time. Stay safe.

Jen said...

Beautiful photos as usual Lizzie Some lovely memories for me. Keep haveing a wonderful time. Stay safe.

shez said...

wow stunning pics Liz,have fun .xx

Margaret said...

Liz, I can't explain it, but your beautiful pictures made me feel like I was there with you, marveling at the sites. Wonderful wonderful pics! I hope you are having and will have a marvelous time! Have a great class too!

Annie said...

Magnificent Lizzy, thanks for sharing the beauty with us all.

Miriam said...

Beautiful photos!
Enjoy your stay in Italy.
Travel safely.

Leanne said...

Love st somebody pic and I LOVE doors. It all looks wonderful.

pandchintz said...

Oh Liz!! Thank you!! Stunning photos, and brought back so many memories. I've been thinking of you every day!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin