Sunday, 13 October 2013

Palazzone...

on Thursday we all went to the market to buy food for our picnic lunch, each person was given something to buy. Baukje and I had to buy carrots and tomatoes....I wish I could have bought these...



actually, I wish I could buy them like this at home, but alas, that's not to be..so I bought these...


gorgeous scarlet red, ripe and juicy little tomatoes....they were so sweet...


we obviously didn't buy these but they just looked so good....

Anyway, later in the day we all piled into three people movers driven by lovely young Italian ladies and drove out to the winery. down and off the rock, steep roads and tight curves..all on the wrong side of the road....yikes!!

We eventually arrived here...


Palazzone...owned and run by Giovanni Dubini.....


the harvest was just about over when we were there...


but the smell was amazing from the fermentation vats...


the views are of course fabulous..


and the gardens extensive and beautiful...


fruit and....


olive trees grow right through the grounds....


the vineyards go on for miles, up and down the hills and valleys...






they have a select 'oak' aged vintage but most are aged in stainless steel vats....


and of course Giovanni has quite a private cellar...



this was the view that I was looking forward to seeing, Orvieto from a distance..


a fabulous afternoon...


some of the girls went shopping at the cellar door...no point for me, much too hard to get home...


anyway, I was too busy to shop....  :o)....

















6 comments:

Margaret said...

Ah, such scenery! Love taking your tour of your getaway!

Annie said...

All looking fabulous Lizzy

shez said...

gorgeous pics Lizzie,thankyou for sharing.xx

Lesley said...

I am enjoying your visit to Italy, wonderful pictures I think I need to revisit has been many years since I was there. x

pandchintz said...

Looks like another fabulous day. Oh, those views!!

Leanne said...

It all look amazing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin