Thursday, 31 October 2013

Strid Wood....

Strid Wood is part of the estate at Bolton Abbey and is gloriously beautiful..


well, I would say that of course as we don't have 'woods' here in Australia....


we have lots of 'bush', but not woods full of oaks and beech, elm and birch, walnut and ash.....



all of which are of course deciduous, creating amazing autumn colour...


it was a lovely place to spend a few hours walking, chilly enough that I still needed gloves..


but the light was really beautiful deep under the canopy of falling leaves..


verdant moss covering tree roots running down the hill......

and funghi........


oh my, the funghi was everywhere....




it was just amazing and I was lucky to be there at just the right time...


very photogenic stuff is funghi...


last one. there are many, many more but I won't bore you with them..  ;o)

autumn was well and truly established....


with it's chill, colour and rain....



a beautiful, amazing place of quiet and calm..........loved it.








6 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, so beautiful! It feels peaceful just looking at your gorgeous photos.

Sue said...

I'm loving the fungi , a walk in the woods sounds so romantic.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful and peaceful

baukje said...

I can smell autumn, looking at your pictures. You really had a good time in UK ..... And it must give you a good feeling that you did this yourney all alone and however enjoyed it so much.
Xxx

pandchintz said...

You've so captured the calm and peace of this woodland. I feel so refreshed after viewing this post - thank you! Love the fungi pics!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love the mushroom pictures! Wonderfully magical!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin