Monday, 6 January 2014

Another top..

back to work tomorrow, good job too I think, at this rate I might run out of fabric (insert uproarious laughter) ...





I finished another little top this morning...I know! three tops finished and ready to quilt..phew, I'm exhausted ;o)



A few years ago I bought some boxes of two and a half inch square samples of Moda's new range for that year....



and then I bought these candy bars



can't quite believe that it's over 4 years ago though!! anyway, I've used some of them over the last few  years (you can see some of the squares in the quilt under the boxes) but while trying to clean out the dresser that holds somea little,  a very small amount (sigh) of my fabric I came across them again....



I thought I'd really like to make some type of scrap quilt but I wanted to keep the ranges together, so this is what I came up with...





it's....hang on while I measure it! 53" square, so a good lap size. there are eight different ranges in the tiny squares and three in the candy bar border.....I still have three packets of squares two are repeats and the third is Eden by Lila Tuella...a bit too much pink and yellow for what I wanted. if anyone wants them let me know in a comment and I'll pop them in the post for you (first in, best dressed, as the saying goes) they're Jodies...  :o)  .....I'm done with tiny squares for a while...! I sashed them with some lovely Robyn Pandolph essentials, a creamy white with mushroom coloured dots. I bought metres of it from work for something else, I only used half a metre so still plenty left for my original purpose...


I've really enjoyed making these, I spent most of last year doing hand appliqué and working with wool, I'll be back to that now that the holidays are over. I really want to finish my Sue Spargo Bird Dance BoM and make a start on this years plus I'll be teaching more classes of woolly goodness this year at Millrose as well as the continuing 'Flowerbed' class which will be Bird Dance later in the year!!

and just because I can...




some Penelope love...


this little miss is nearly six months old now and wasn't real impressed with her santa hat it seems....



but she does love her food...
I'm flying over in four weeks (to western australia) and can't wait to cuddle her for FIVE whole days! miss those kids big time...and their mum too of course..  :o)

not sure when I'll be back to write another post, I'd like to say that it won't be long but realistically....we'll see! I do still visit all your blogs and love to see what everyone is up to, just don't get much time to comment on them anymore..
I've opened up comments to everyone again and I still haven't got word verification on, just have to ignore the spam I guess...

c ya later....xxx

16 comments:

beebee said...

love the quilt with the little squares. the baby is so sweet. I know you will enjoy being with her

Jan said...

Oh Verna - sigh. Oh Miss Penelope - sigh. Fabulous quilt top, Lizzie.

Sue B said...

I love those moda candy boxes, calorie free candy, and such cute little bubbas

shez said...

gorgeous lizze and little Miss Penelope is so cute,lol how many sleeps now.xx

jodie said...

Lizzie, i'd love some little squares if they are still going...I am working on a patchwork toy, but the little squares kind of stalled the plan.
Anyway I'll be seeing you tomorrow, I have some foxes to deliver!

Sue said...

Such yummy sewing and baby. Will you be in WA at the end of Feb, early March? I'm at a retreat in Warnboro that weekend and would love to catch up.

Diane-crewe said...

I think maybe it is a good idea that you are back at work ... but then they all need quilting!! lol x LOVE the picture of her in the hat!! so funny x

Copper Patch said...

Nothing wrong with a stupidly huge stash (says the fellow addictee). At least you're getting through it!!
Have fun at work and even more fun in WA.
Ab xx

Margaret said...

OMG, I love what you did with those 2 1/2" squares and candy bars! I have a box of candy bars too. And I'm sure I have a bunch of those squares as well. I might have to copy you! Fantastic! Your little granddaughter is adorable! lol -- she really doesn't look happy with that hat!

Andi said...

Have a wonderful trip to WA Lizzie.
Andi x

pandchintz said...

Great quilt top making, ma'am!! Your Penelope is sooooo cute! Have a fab time in WA.

Annie said...

Hope to see you real soon Lizzy.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Nothing wrong with a little therapeutic piecing.. I sure could do a little of that but with 15 wips on my list I don't start anything new :-)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Love charm packs--so many ways to use and enjoy them

Ozjane said...

Hmmmm! I seen to recall buying those little squares and I found some on sale at Green Fairy Quilts and postage was $19 and they were $3.50 on special and I was very tempted.....Now I had better find the ones I already have and be inspired by your lovely efforts.
I did not realize they were making the tiny 2.5" charm packs nor the hexagon packs.

Syed Kazim Ali said...

The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin