Thursday, 21 January 2016

Time to come back........

.....perhaps?

I was looking at Meredithe's blog the other day, reading all the lovely things she'd said about my new studio/shed and sort of carried on from there, catching up with all the blogs I've followed for years. It was so nice to see what you're all up to. Some are still around and going strong, some like myself, have been away for a long while. Some are gone altogether, travelling different roads perhaps. Anyway, I thought it was time to either close it down or come back..!

So, I'm back! In a smaller, no pressure to post way. Mostly just photos of what's happening maybe, because this.....


..is a huge part of my life. I love my photography and can't actually see the time when I won't strive for excellence in the field. You can find my Flickr albums here.

If you follow Meredithe's blog, you'll have read that the railway man sacrificed his shed to turn it into a studio (which as Meredithe said will forever be known as 'Liz's Shed') for me. He did an outstanding job of lining, insulating and plastering, not to mention tearing down a wall to install the wall of windows that I asked for!



This taken before all my stuff treasured belongings moved in.....you can see my heritage taking over here can't you? But you honestly can't tell now from the inside that this was once an old country shed/garage...




I have a sitting area that overlooks part of our garden, in the winter this is going to be a fabulous place to sit and sew...




As you can see, it's pretty full now! Mum's cross stitcheries on the wall (still got some to be framed yet) and Sarah's art work, I'm a little biased I know, but I have very talented children..!



The outside of my shed is pretty cool too....we're just going to put a clear protective coat over the weatherboards. I love the soft and worn colour palette of these old reclaimed boards that cover the tin of the original shed.


We had Christmas lunch in the 'shed'.......


It was a perfect space for a family gathering.....


..even if it was over 30°C  we still had our traditional Christmas dinner......British roots, they're hard to ignore..  


Martha making friends with Ryan's R2D2, even though she can't see anymore she's always up for making new friends, whereas Miss Molly just took off and hid under the table....she's a bit of a scaredy cat with anything that moves is Miss Molly!

I'm still working for Sue at Millrose and still loving every minute. We had five weeks off over the Christmas break, back to work after Australia day next week. I've been getting some sewing done over the last couple of weeks. Finished my project from the Orvieto workshop with Sue Spargo last September, now to get it together.


Just love the colours in this.....

It feels good to be back here, I can't promise I'll be here all the time but I think I need to make some time every week to be here........right now, I'm off to have this.....


..possibly the best iced chocolate ever...!







8 comments:

KijkDaarIs said...

I'm glad your back !!!..;0)

Margaret said...

I was just thinking of you the other day, missing your blog and wondering how you were doing. Hooray! I'm so happy to see a post from you!!! Your shed!! That's a shed??!!! lol! It's huge! And gorgeous! You lucky you! Love your new space. What a sweet man you have! Good to hear all your news. I'm hoping to see more posts from you very soon!

frayedattheedge said...

I've come over from Meredithe's blog to visit you. I have a studio, which was converted from a milking parlour (we live in part of an old farm steading). Meredithe should have visited me last year (I visited her the year before), but of course her holiday had to be cancelled. So I have come up with a (fantasy) plan ...... you can all come over to visit me in my studio, then I'll go back with you, to visit your shed!!!

Marlene said...

Welcome back Liz. was just thinking of you the other now and now you pop up again. What a fantastic make over the shed has had-looks wonderful and it will be so peaceful sitting there in front of the window stitching. So where is Railway man's cave now?

Michelle said...

Welcome back, I am so in love with your shed!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice to see you back........I saw the post on Meredithe's blog the other day but didn't realise it was you.........enjoy your new space it is gorgeous......I have a shed that is also definitely not a shed.......lol.......

pandchintz said...

Oh Lizzie, what a delight to see your post pop up in my email!! With a new header too!! Yay......so good to have you back, whenever you can. Hugs xx

Sandra Henderson said...

Yay! So glad you are back! You've inspired me to go round to a few blogs and visit... It use to be such a big part of my life. I've missed it. Love your studio and so happy for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin